A volunteer at Parkridge Medical Center is a special person who offers his or her time to help others. Our volunteers are important because they provide many extra services that supplement the duties of the professional staff... services that add to the comfort, care and happiness of the patient.
How will volunteering benefit me?
We hope that by being a volunteer, you will get a chance to:
- Develop new interests
- Make new friends
- Grow in understanding
- Use your many talents
- Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from helping others
Types of services volunteers often perform:
- Deliver flowers
- Deliver mail
- Transport patients by wheelchair to other areas of the hospital
- Assist patients in leaving the hospital at the time of discharge
- Take patients to their rooms or to the lab upon admission
- Clerical duties as requested by departments
- Help at special hospital functions such as Health Fairs, Women's Programs, etc.
- Any other duties requested that can be helpful to staff, patients and visitors
For volunteer opportunites, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at: (423) 493-6799