Many men and women in the Chattanooga area suffer in silence from uncomfortable or embarrassing bladder or bowel conditions. The Pelvic Floor Center at Parkridge Medical Center is the only center that combines the services of a colorectal surgeon, gynecologist and urologist in one location, effectively diagnosing and treating a full-spectrum of pelvic floor issues including incontinence and constipation.
Our specialists use the latest techniques to manage or improve patients’ symptoms for conditions such as:
For more information about the services and physicians at the Pelvic Floor Center, call MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence (inability to control release of urine)
- Fecal incontinence (inability to control release of stool)
- Chronic constipation
- Obstructive defecation
- Other related pelvic floor disorders
Types of Treatment
The Pelvic Floor Center offers specialists in colorectal surgery, gynecology and urology who provide surgical and non-surgical options for the treatment of pelvic floor disorders.
Non-invasive therapeutic techniques may involve dietary recommendations, drug therapy, or physical therapy such as biofeedback. Biofeedback is a treatment option that retrains the muscles of the pelvic floor to control the release of waste.
Patients who require surgical intervention for bowel or bladder conditions can be confident in the advanced care available through the Pelvic Floor Center specialists. Procedures at the Center include:
- STARR (staple transanorectal resection) for patients experiencing difficulty with controlling the release of stool.
- InterStim sacral nerve stimulation for treatment of fecal incontinence.